Deep Dive: Large Language models
During this deep dive in the afternoon on the 29th of June, we would like to discuss technical challenges in Large Language Models and what we see as threats and opportunities. How can we work together in this field and what are the steps to make?
After the insights of an expert panel of researchers and company experts, we will deep-dive into small table discussions with the experts of the panel. Each panelist will lead on of the discussions.
Part one: Challenges, Opportunities and background
14:30 Walk-in and networking
15:00 Opening presentation
Part two: Panel Discussion
- Cees Snoek, prof. AI and Computer Vision University of Amsterdam
- Hans Onvlee, Senior Research Manager ASML
- Lena Phillip, PhD Diagnostic Image Analysis Group Radboud UMC
- Jie Yang, Assistant Professor in the Web Information Systems group TU Delft
15:20 Presentation from each panelist
15:40 Panel discussion (20 mins)
Part three: In depth Table discussions (on-site only)
16:20 Interactive sessions/breakout sessions
Each lab will have a table with a topic set by themselves for an in-depth conversation.
- Foundation Models on an Academic Compute Budge (Cees Snoek, UvA)
- What are the roles humans can or should play in developing and using language technologies? (Jie Yang, TU Delft)
- Challenges for Large Language Models in the Field of Medicine (Luc Builtjes, Radboud UMC)
Part Four: Networking and drinks (on-site only)
Science Park 608, 1098 XH Amsterdam
Bus stop: “Science Park Terra” | every 15 minutes | 1 min walk
Train station: “Amsterdam Science Park” | 10 min walk
About ICAI Deep-Dive:
ICAI Deep-Dive is a community meetup that focuses on technical questions and facilitates an in-depth discussions in a specific field of AI where multiple labs are working. Common challenges in research are shared across community members and labs. The aim is to stimulate knowledge exchange, creating new insights, and build bridges by sharing lessons learned, experiences, and having an open discussion.
These series have the aim to find solutions for the common challenges and issues in the community.